Questions? We have answers.
Ask the right questions
Create a web survey perfectly designed to gather the insight you're after. Our web survey system allows users to administer online surveys through email invitation that are compliant with university policy.
What services are available for web surveys?
There are a variety of options and services available for web surveys. We are able to offer the following options:
- check-box questions that allow acceptance of multiple (up to n, or check all that apply) responses to a single question with convenient organization of responses in the response-data file
- multi-page surveys may be constructed with options to branch on the basis of responses to particular questions and to interrupt the survey for completion at a later time
- surveys may be administered to groups that are not registered in the eClass system
- a significant amount of customizing is efficiently accommodated with the ability to “copy and paste” both text and graphics and alter question and response formats as we go
- surveys are administered by e-mailing selected participants with an invitation to visit a specific url in order to respond to the survey
- an automated process is available to send reminders to those who have not responded to a survey by a particular date
- data may be conveniently exported in a variety of file formats, e.g., Excel, SPSS
- making a question mandatory so users are unable to proceed unless he or she has answered the question
What information do I need to create a web survey?
For general surveys, the following information is normally required:
- a Word file that illustrates the design of the survey and includes administrative text, logos, images, and questions which we can "copy and paste"
- an Excel file that contains a list of e-mail addresses of potential participants (one row per address). We will augment this list with unique passwords to ensure that only the intended audience responds to the survey and that each one only submits one set of responses.
- a speedcode that we can use to recover our charges
- the date that the survey should start and the date that it should be stopped
- an indication of whether the response file should be returned in Excel or in SPSS format. This should be indicated before we set up the survey.
To have a survey created and administered for you, please contact email@example.com
Will data collected from web surveys remain secure?
In compliance with university policy, the system and all associated data are stored in-house. To maintain privacy for online participants, survey data is disassociated from other online activities. This should increase the comfort level of respondents concerning the anonymity of their responses.