The Learning Assessment Centre offers services to non-University of Alberta exam takers. We are centrally located at the University of Alberta’s North Campus, steps away from public transportation (bus station and LRT). Our services include:
- A safe, secure, and welcoming environment.
- A comfortable proctored environment for you to complete your exam.
- Connecting with the exam provider to ensure that exam administration is seamless
- A height-adjustable workstation in each room.
- Remote monitoring of each workstation to minimize distractions.
Prior to the exam, exam takers:
- Are required to follow the student code of conduct as established by the University of Alberta.
- Are to enter the LAC from the main doors at Education North 3-106.
- Must bring government issued photo ID for entry into the LAC testing area.
- Are not permitted mobile or electronic devices.
- If students have a device, they must ensure that it is turned off and placed in a cubby or locker provided by the LAC.
- Are not permitted to have outerwear, bags, hats and headwear (except for religious purposes) and personal belongings in the LAC.
- These items can be left in cubbies or lockers outside of the LAC. You may bring your own lock to lock up your personal belongings or you may borrow a lock from the LAC. Lockers are provided on a first-come first-serve basis. Exam takers who borrow a lock from the LAC will be required to provide government-issued photo ID, which will be held until the lock is returned.
- The LAC reception area is also available for item storage (Note: Items at stored at your own risk. The University of Alberta, and all affiliated parties do not take responsibility for your personal items.)
During the exam, exam takers:
- Are asked to be respectful of this non-talking environment.
- Can bring water bottles into the testing area, but the labels must be removed prior to entering. Thermoses are allowed if their lids are completely sealed and only contain water. Proctors will ask to see inside non-clear containers.
- That have questions regarding the exam, technical difficulties, or need other assistance, are to raise their hand and a proctor will attend to them.
- May not leave the LAC, even to use the washroom, until their exam is completed.
- Are provided materials such as ear plugs, scrap paper, and a pencil. Scrap paper provided to students will be collected at the end of the exam.
After the exam, exam takers:
- Must verify with a proctor that they have submitted their exam and logged out properly.
Prices vary based on the type and length of the exam. Credit cards are accepted, and you will be sent a web link complete the online pay process. Please ensure you bring your receipt as proof of payment with you to your exam.
|$75 + gst|
Real Estate Council of Alberta Exam
|$75 + gst|
|2-hour Exam for Higher Education Students
An exam offered by a College or University that is less than 2-hours in length.
|$60 + gst|
|3-hour Exam for Higher Education Students
An exam offered by a College or University that is between 2-hours and 3-hours in length.
|$75 + gst|
|4-hour Exam for Higher Education Students
An exam offered by a College or University that is between 3-hours and 4-hours in length.
|$75 + gst|
Note: Pre-payment of examination fees is required to secure an exam appointment.
LAC Cancellation Policy
Cancellation: Less than 2 days (48 Hours)
In the event that an examinee cancels their exam appointment less than 2 days (48 hours) prior to their exam, refunds will not be issued. 100% of the examination fee will be taken.
Cancellation: More than 2 days
In the event that an examinee cancels their exam appointment earlier than 2 days (48 hours) prior to their exam, they may reschedule their exam appointment to another date at no cost provided that the new exam date is scheduled within 2 weeks of the original booking. (Exams are only allowed to be rescheduled once at no cost. If exams need to be rescheduled more than once, a $50 fee will be applied for each exam reschedule.)
Cancel the exam appointment, and a $50 non-refundable fee (plus GST) will be taken. The remainder will be returned to the student via refund.
Exam booking requests must be submitted at least 2 business days in advance. Once this booking form has been submitted, you will receive an email within 24 hours of the next business day, confirming whether your request has been approved based on LAC availability.
Education North 3-106
University of Alberta
11210 - 87 Ave
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm