Making a Daily Impact
Enhancing Teaching and Learning
Supporting Research Initiatives
Facilitating Advancements in Administration
- Facilitated adoption of eClass in the School of Business.
- Decommissioned 97 aging applications.
- Successfully decommissioned old servers and are now utilizing core virtual infrastructure so we no longer have ever-greening costs every few years.
- Renegotiated several service contracts, saving $822,000.
- Facilitated the creation of the IT Teaching and Learning Steering and Advisory committees, as well as the expansion of the IT Steering Committee Administration to include F&O, FGSR, and Dean of Students.
- Established a non-integrated IT leaders group to improve cross-community engagement.
- Developed IT financial management system to provide accurate total costs of services. Allows for baselining, benchmarking, and identification of services for closure or transition.
- Introduced operations reporting and analytics that provide data that enables us to continually improve services and make data-driven and informed business decisions.
- Leveraged Ephesoft (intelligent document capture) for scanning transcripts into EDRMS significantly reducing the administrative effort of admissions staff by automatically matching ~70% of the >23,000 transcripts received by the Office of the Registrar.
- Implemented an improved search function and updated the PDF merge function in GSMS to enable more effective and efficient management of graduate student applications.
- Automated the previously manual process of sending copyright notices.
Grow Our People
- Creating a skills development framework for future skills.
- Providing staff development opportunities through secondments to strategic initiatives.
- Introducing a management accountability framework to improve IST performance.
- Realigning job classifications to ensure equity across integrated staff.